Canada eTA Eligibility
- Polish passport holders are eligible to apply for Canada eTA
- Poland was one of the original member of the Canada eTA program
- Polish passport holders enjoy a quick and hassle free entry into Canada using the Canada eTA initiative
Other Canada eTA Features
- A Biometric Passport or an e-Passport is required.
- Canada eTA is only required for travel by air
- Canada eTA is required for short business, tourist and transit visits
- All passport holders should apply for Canada eTA including infants and minors
What is Canada eTA for Polish citizens?
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an automated system introduced by the Government of Canada to facilitate the entry of foreign nationals from visa-exempt countries like Poland into Canada. Instead of obtaining a traditional visa, eligible travelers can apply for the ETA online, making the process quick and straightforward. The Canada eTA is linked electronically to the traveler's passport and remains valid for a specific period, allowing them to enter Canada multiple times during its validity.
Do Polish citizens Need to Apply for eTA Canada Visa?
Polish citizens are required to apply for a Canada eTA if they want to enter Canada for visits lasting upto 90 days for purposes such as tourism, medical, business or transit. Canada eTA from Poland is not optional, but a mandatory requirement for all Polish citizens traveling to Canada for short stays. Before travelling to Canada, a traveller needs to ensure that the validity of the passport is at least three months past the expected departure date.
The main purpose of a Canada eTA is to enhance the security and efficiency of the Canadian immigration system. By pre-screening travelers before they arrive in the country, Canadian authorities can identify potential risks and ensure the safety of their borders.
How can I apply for a Canada Visa from Poland?
The Canada Visa for Polish citizens comprises an online application form that can be completed in as little as five (5) minutes. It is necessary for applicants to enter information on their passport page, personal details, their contact details, like email and address, and employment details. Applicant must be in good health and should not have a criminal history.
Canada Visa for Polish citizens can be applied online on this website and can receive the Canada Visa Online by email. The process is extremely simplified for the Polish citizens. The only requirement is to have an Email Id and a Credit or Debit card.
After you have paid the fees, the eTA application process can start. Canada eTA is delivered via email. Canada Visa for Polish citizens will be sent via email, after they have completed the online application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment has been verified. In very rare circumstance, if additional documentation is required, then the applicant will be contacted prior to approval of Canada eTA.
What are requirements of eTA Canada Visa for Polish citizens?
To enter Canada, Polish citizens will require a valid Travel Document or Passport in order to apply for Canada eTA. Polish citizens who have a Passport of an additional nationality need to make sure they apply with the same passport that they will travel with, as the Canada eTA will be associated with the passport that was mentioned at the time of application. Printing or presenting documents at the airport is unnecessary since the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is electronically linked to the passport in the Canada Immigration system.
Applicants will also require a valid credit or debit card to pay for the Canada eTA. Polish citizens are also required to provide a valid email address, to receive the Canada eTA in their email inbox. It will be your responsibility to carefully double-check all the data entered so there are no issues with the Canada Electronic Travel Authority (eTA), otherwise you may have to apply for another Canada eTA.
How Long Can Polish citizens stay on Canada Visa Online?
Polish citizen's departure date must be within 90 days of arrival. Polish passport holders are required to obtain a Canada Electronic Travel Authority (Canada eTA) even for a short duration of 1 day up to 90 days. If the Polish citizens intend to stay for a longer duration, then they should apply for a relevant Visa depending on their circumstances. Canada eTA is only valid for 5 years. Polish citizens can enter multiple times during the 5 year validity of the Canada eTA.
How early can Polish citizens apply for eTA Canada Visa?
While most Canada eTAs are issued within 24 hours, it is advisable to apply at least 72 hours (or 3 days) prior to your flight. Since Canada eTA is valid for upto 5 years, you can apply Canada eTA even before you have booked your flights as in rare circumstances, Canada eTA can take up to a month to be issued and you may be requested to provide additional documents. Additional documents could be:
- A Medical Examination - Sometimes a medical examination is required to be carried out to visit Canada.
- Criminal record check - If you have a previous conviction, the Canadian Visa office will intimate you if a police certificate is required or not.
Common Mistakes to Avoid on Canada eTA Application Form?
While Canada eTA Application process is extremely straightforward, it is worthwhile to understand the essential requirements and avoid common mistakes listed below.
- Passport numbers are almost always 8 to 11 characters. If you are entering a number that is too short or too long or outside of this range, it is quite likely that you are entering a wrong number.
- Another common error is swapping letter O and number 0 or letter I and the number 1.
Name related issue like
- Full name: Name put in Canada eTA application must match the name exactly as given in the Passport. You can look at MRZ strip in your Passport information page to make sure you have entered the full name, including any middle-names.
- Do not include previous names: Do not include any part of that name in brackets or previous names. Again, consult the MRZ strip.
- Non-english name: Your name must be in English characters. Do not use non-English characters like Chinese/Hebrew/Greek alphabets to spell your name.
What is the summary of Canada ETA for Polish Citizens?
Canada ETA Visa for Polish Citizens is valid for the following reasons:
- Visiting Tourist Spots
- Business events and meetings
- Passing or Transit via Canadian Airport
- Medical treatment
Benefits of obtaining Canada eTA
- eTA Canada Visa is valid for upto 5 Years
- it allows Multiple Trips to Canada and stays of upto 180 days per trip
- valid for travel by Air
- approved in 98% of the cases within a day
- does not require you to get a stamp on the passport or visit Canadian Embassy
- sent to your electronically by email instead of a stamp on passport
Activities to do and places to visit in Canada for Polish Citizens
- Go Fishing at the Great Slave Lake, Northwest Territories
- Climb Mount Athabasca, Canadian Rockies, Alberta
- Hike Waterton Lakes, Alberta
- Sleep in an Ice Hotel, Quebec
- Walk on an Ice Flow, Arctic territory of Nunavut
- Butchart Gardens, Victoria, British Columbia
- Rideau Canal National Historic Site, Smith Falls, Ontario
- St. Lawrence Market, Toronto, Ontario
- Miniature World, Victoria, British Columbia
- Insectarium of Montreal, Montreal, Québec
- Val-Jalbert Ghost Town, Métabetchouan-Lac-à-la-Croix, Québec
Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Ottawa
Please apply for a Canada eTA application 3 days before your flight.