Canada is one of the most important and economically-stable country in the global market. Canada has 6th largest GDP by PPP
and 10th largest GDP by nominal.
Canada is a major entry point to United States markets and may serve as a perfect test market for the United States.
In addition, business costs in general are 15% lower in Canada compared to United States.
Canada offers a large number of opportunities for the seasonsed businessmen or investors or entrepreneurs who have a
successful business in their home country and are looking forward to expanding their business or want to start a new business in Canada.
You can opt for a short-term trip to Canada to explore new business opportunities in Canada.
What are business opportunities in Canada?
Below are top 5 Business Opportunities in Canada for immigrants:
- Agriculture - Canada is a world leader Agriculture
- Wholesale & Retail
- Software and technical services
- Commercial fishing and sea food
Who is a business visitor?
You will be considered a business visitor under following scenarios:
You are visiting Canada temporarily to
- looking for opportunities to grow your business
- want to invest in Canada
- want to pursue and extend your business relationships
You are not part of Canadian labour market and want to visit Canada to take part in international business activities
As a business visitor on a temporary visit, you can stay in Canada for a few weeks upto 6 months.
Business visitors do not need a work permit. It is also worth noting that a
Business visitor is not a Business people who come to join Canadian labour market under a free trade agreement.
Eligibility requirements for a business visitor
- you will stay for upto 6 months or less
- you do not intend to join Canadian labour market
- you have a thriving and stable business in your home country outside of Canada
- you should have travel documents like passport
you should be able to support yourself financially for entire duration of stay in Canada
you should have return tickets or plan to leave Canada before your eTA Canada Visa expires
- you must be of good character and will not be a security risk to Canadians
Which all activities are allowed as a business visitor to Canada?
- Attending business meetings or conferences or trade-fairs
- Taking orders for business services or goods
- Purchasing Canadian goods or services
- Giving post-sales business service
- Attend business training by Canadian parent company that you work for outside Canada
- Attend training by a Canadian company with whom you are in a business relationship
You can read about eTA Canada Visa Application process
eTA Canada Visa Types here.
How to enter Canada as a business visitor?
Depending upon your country of passport, you will either need a visitor visa or
eTA Canada Visa (Electronic Travel Authorization)
to enter Canada on a short-term business trip.
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for an eTA Canada Visa:
Conditional Canada eTA
Passport holders of the following countries are eligible to apply for a Canada eTA if they satisfy the conditions listed below:
You held a Canada Visitor Visa in the last ten (10) years Or you currently hold a valid US nonimmigrant visa.
You must enter Canada by air.
If any of the above condition is not satisfied, then you must instead apply for a Canada Visitor Visa.
Canada Visitor Visa is also referred to as Canada Temporary Resident Visa or TRV.
Conditional Canada eTA
Passport holders of the following countries are eligible to apply for a Canada eTA
only if they satisfy the conditions listed below:
All nationalities held a Canadian temporary Resident Visa in the last ten (10) years.
All nationalities must hold a current and valid U.S. nonimmigrant visa.
Checklist for business visitors before coming to Canada
It is vital that you have the following documents handy and in order when you arrive at Canadian border.
A Canada Border Services Agent (CBSA) reserves the right to declare you inadmissible due to the following reasons:
- a passport which is valid for entire duration of stay
- valid eTA Canada Visa
- letter of invitation or letter of support from your Canadian parent company or Canadian business host
- proof that you can support yourself financially and can return home
- contact details of your business host
Read our full guide about what to expect after you have applied for eTA Canada Visa.
Check your eligibility for eTA Canada Visa
and apply for eTA Canada Visa 72 hours in advance of your flight.
and Swiss citizens can
apply online for eTA Canada Visa.
Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our helpdesk for support and guidance.